Thursday 17 November 2016

NaBloPoMo Day 17: Doing Less

Just a few days ago, I chanced on this quote on the AdviceToWriters Twitter handle

Before you check #Twitter and #Facebook and do other similar tasks that get in the way of writing, write first.

TERRY McMILLAN

I remember thinking that this may be true for other people, but it won’t affect me.

Today, I realized I was being overconfident.

Today was a holiday for Kanakadasa Jayanthi – the birth anniversary of the saint-poet Kanankadasa. Despite having the entire day to myself, I couldn’t manage to write a decent post to continue those memories of Goa. Besides the usual housework and cooking, I spent some time reading, took a short nap, the usual walk, spent some time on social media, and before I knew it – the day is gone.

Often, I’ve noticed that when I have less time and much work to be done, I manage to get more done than when I have more time. Maybe for someone who’s compulsive about having to fill every moment with something “worthwhile,” learning to relax is what the universe has in store.

Today, I didn’t “do” anything much, but at the end of the day, it does seem like a day well-spent.
NaBloPoMo November 2016

3 comments:

  1. Social media can eat up your time and make you realise it only after much time has been spent AFTER all the eating up happened :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on blogging spree and need a break. And continue your Goa memories with a fresh mind. Now asked my children to read your blogs to get some understanding of our Goa life then.

    Hope you still have some time for offline reading.

    ReplyDelete

Do share your thoughts on this through the comment section. All you need to do is click on the hyperlinked word "comments" at the end of the blog and then enter your message in the box that opens up. If you so wish, you may also get in touch with me through email: anuranganathan31@gmail.com