Tuesday 11 December 2018

My Complete Man by Gayathri Srivathsan

Gayathri Srivathsan (who is a cousin of my husband's cousin's son) sent me this write-up about her role model. There's much we can learn from this amazing person, and so, I'm sharing her writing here. 


All of us have come across the question of who is your role model? And the answer to that differs from one age to another. But once you gain maturity about life, your way of looking at life changes and that's when I identified my role model and I am blessed enough to be living with him. 

I once read that a person who can get up in the morning without snoozing his alarm can do anything in life, but I have never achieved it till date. But this man has never had an alarm clock but he has never got up late. 

Every morning 4 o'clock he wakes up with no alarm at the right time, and he has been doing this for years now. He is 92 years old but still is a working person and he has been serving a govt aided school as a correspondent for 50 yrs now. 

Every morning he wakes up with the same enthusiasm, walks to his school, and works there without a penny as salary. In a generation where people complain that work is monotonous, he stands apart to prove that if you're committed to a work, no matter what your age, you can still work hard. He has developed the school from a small thatched hut to a 2-storey concrete building now with help from others. The initiative he has taken is not an easy task at all. And yet, he is a definition for discipline and punctuality and the most independent person I have ever seen. 

Mr. V. Lakshmi Narasimhan
He is a man who taught me what life is. I remember him saying, "Gayathri whatever happens, remember to walk with your head up; right and wrong depends on one's perception and their attitude. Unless you feel guilty about anything you have done, nothing is wrong. Even when you feel guilty, put your head up, and say 'It's alright, I may be wrong this time, but not always.' Never try to be good to anyone and rather just be yourself - it's not necessary that people like you and praise you. If you are happy in your life, nothing or no one else matters. 

This complete man is none other than my grandfather, Mr. V. Lakshmi Narasimhan. I am blessed to have been living with him and now he is all set to inspire his 4th generation with my son. 

Gayathri, her husband and son with Mr. V. Lakshmi Narasimhan
Lots of love and respect to Thatha - my real hero and a role model.

A proud grand-daughter,
C.Gayathri Srivathsan

12 comments:

  1. Really inspiring to know about him At 92 he is still working and doing a noble job of running a school. Hatsoff to him and my pranams to him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ...LL convey ur wishes to him

      Delete
  2. நான் 10 ஆம் வகுப்பு வரை படித்த பள்ளியின் தாளாளர் அவர்களை வாழ்த்த வயதில்லை வணங்குகிறேன்.1968 ஆம் ஆண்டு அய்யாசாமி அய்யர் பள்ளியின் தாளாளர் பொறுப்பையேற்று இன்றுவரை பள்ளியை சிறப்பான முறையில் வழிநடத்தி வருகிறார். மிகவும் நேர்மையான மனிதர், யாரிடமும் எதற்காகவும் தன் நேர்மையை விட்டுதந்ததில்லை.தன் வாழ்நாளில் பெரும்பகுதியையும், உழைப்பையும் பள்ளிக்காகவே அர்பணித்துக்கொண்டிருப்பவர்.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. ☝️☝️என் பெயர் இல. கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி 1997 ஆம் ஆண்டு அய்யாசாமி அய்யர் உயர்நிலைப்பள்ளியில் 10 ஆம் வகுப்பு முடித்த மாணவன்.

      Delete

    2. ☝️☝️என் பெயர் இல. கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி 1997 ஆம் ஆண்டு அய்யாசாமி அய்யர் உயர்நிலைப்பள்ளியில் 10 ஆம் வகுப்பு முடித்த மாணவன்.

      Delete
  3. நான் (வெங்கடேசன்) 1996 வருடம் 10 ஆம் வகுப்பு முடித்தேன் மிகவும் நேர்மையான மனிதர், யாரிடமும் எதற்காகவும் தன் நேர்மையை விட்டுதந்ததில்லை.தன் வாழ்நாளில் பெரும்பகுதியையும், உழைப்பையும் பள்ளிக்காகவே அர்பணித்துக்கொண்டிருப்பவர்.கடவுளுக்கு நன்றி

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Balaji, student of ayya samy high school, 1998 batch. I never seen a person like him, he is our real god father. Without selfishness he is doing service to the society and to the school. I am very proud that I live in this world where I have seen him as a genuine person without any benefits. Hats off to him, may pray God to give him a long life to serve this society and to my school. Love you sir, my humble and obidient salute for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. வணக்கம் நான் 1996 ஆம் வருட மாணவி
    சே. தமிழ்ச்செல்வி..மற்றவர்களுக்கு 10 ரூபாய் உதவி செய்தால் கூட அதிலும் விளம்பரம் தேடிக்கொள்ளும் இந்த உலகில்..நம் பள்ளி தாளாளர் அவர்கள் 1968 ஆம் ஆண்டு முதல் இன்று வரை..எந்த ஒரு பிரதிபலனும் எதிர்பாராமல் சேவை மனப்பான்மையுடன் நம் பள்ளியை நடத்தி வரும் அறம் சார்ந்த ஒரு நல்ல மனிதர்..நம் தாளாளர்..ஐயா உங்களை வாழ்த்த வயதில்லை.."மீண்டும் பள்ளிக்கு போகலாம்"
    முன்னாள் மாணவ-மாணவியர் சார்பாக தலை வணங்கி வணங்குகிறோம் ஐயா ��������நன்றி

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am G. Saratha, Secondary Grade Teacher working under the supervision of the great personality ever seen my life. I feel proud working in this school with his guidance, support, blessing as a god father to me and of other colleagues with most respectable teachers. He has enthused me to bring the students with value apart from the learning. He is courageous, strict and also benevolent, he always fight for the rightius in all with ethics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manimuthumayandi 1997 10th student

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uyarndha ullam padaitha naan arindha uyarndha manidhar

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm A. Geetha, Secondary Grade Assistant, working under the esteemed, adorable personality, from the beginning of my career. Punctual, perfect, sincere, caring guide, dedicated and what else word is there to manifest my love and respect towards him. Such a wonderful personality and I am one of the luckiest teacher to perpetrate my duties under his talented management. And Gayathri..... Not only for you but for all of us (we teachers) , he is our COMPLETE MAN, our real life HERO.
    With love and regards
    A. Geetha

    ReplyDelete

Do share your thoughts on this through the comment section. All you need to do is click on the hyperlinked word "comments" at the end of the blog and then enter your message in the box that opens up. If you so wish, you may also get in touch with me through email: anuranganathan31@gmail.com